Robert Moses SP. 28 May

Joined by Bob Anderson; we spent about 2 hours sea watching at Field #2. The
only dark sea birds (not counting scoters and cormorants that we saw) were some
single small-dark-short-winged Storm-Petrel type birds whose flight patterns
more closely matched Wilson's rather than anything else. At that distance, I'd
hesitate to try and make anything else out of them.

On a more positive note, all the beaches from Jones to Captree are open,
repaired and charging for the season. Some repair work continues. Aesthetics,
not so good, but the landscaping should eventually obscure the ugly fencing.
Beautiful morning. Saw one mosquitoes at the west end; brought to my attention
by it biting me.

Sy Schiff