There were 5 ARCTIC TERNS on the flats at Cupsogue today between 10:30 AM and
1:00 PM.

Individuals of 3 age groups, minus juvenile of course, were all represented
with three 1st Summer, one 2nd Summer and one Adult type bird.

I found the adult bird early on and it was the first and only bird to leave the
flats during my 2.5 hour visit. The remaining 4 sub-adult Arctic Terns stuck
around for Mike Scheibel when he arrived at 12:45. They continued to remain on
site when I left at 1:00 PM. One of the 1st Summer individuals traveled closely
with the 2nd Summer bird and they were rarely seen more than 10 feet apart from
one another.

Photos of most of the individuals can be viewed on my Flickr page:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39025168@N07/

I also included some identification information with supplemental photographs
on my blog from previous Arctic Terns that I've seen this Spring.
Http://dereksnest.blogspot.com

Best,

Derek Rogers
Sayville