This morning at roughly 11am the Mississippi Kite put in a brief showing
over the trees to the west of what it called the "Perpendicular Pond" at
the Cemetery of the Resurrection in Staten Island.
The Cicada show was somewhat tempered compared to descriptions I have read
and videos I have watched, but it was still impressive.
An hour long walk at Mount Loretto turned up my highest single location
count for Orchard Orioles with 8 (6 seen, 2 heard) and a brief look at a
male Blue Grosbeak.
Watching a Laughing Gull hawk Cicadas was an added bonus.

Cheers,

Sean Sime
Allendale, NJ