Date: June 15-16, 2013

The NYC Audubon overnight birding trip to Orange (Sterling Forest),
Sullivan (Bashakill, Neversink) and Ulster (Shawangunks NWR) Counties was very
successful with 79 species seen by most members of our 9 person group.
Conditions were good for birding at Sterling, Neversink and Shawangunks, but
Bashakill was mostly flooded with Haven Road closed, and the walking side
trails
 mostly underwater. We did not record Virginia Rail or American Bittern as
those  areas were not accessible. The bird song at Neversink and easy
finding of 4  Upland Sandpipers at Blue Chip Farm (Shawangunk) made up for
it.Some
highlights  were:

Golden-winged Warbler ( Ironwood Dr. Sterling)
Bald Eagle
Common Moorhen
Whip-poor-will
Pileated Woodpecker