From: c...@cornell.edu
To: joan.coll...@frontier.com
CC: nysbird...@list.cornell.edu; nf...@list.cornell.edu; nypizza...@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [nysbirds-l] Fwd: Minimal Migration or Population Decline?
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 15:16:51 +0000

Thank you, Joan, for this anecdotal evidence. Since it has been a couple of
weeks now, I'm curious to know if anyone has noted an improvement in their
local area birding spots, or if it has been more of the same. For me, I've
noted a serious lack of typical
 neighborhood birds that used to be a regular part of the acoustic atmosphere:
Rose-breasted Grosbeak, Baltimore Oriole and Red-eyed Vireo, just to name a
few. I've also noticed a lack of Ruby-throated Hummingbirds this year –
usually, they are zipping around
 and chittering in the neighborhood. Not so this year, yet anyway. If this is
region-wide, I'd think it critically important to collect as much data as
possible to help monitor or track this seeming dearth of activity. I expect
this fall migration to be fairly
 telling, if there was a pop-ulation-wide impact of some kind.

Sincerely,
Chris T-H