RH woodpecker (adult male) continues at Muscoot Farm (Rte 100 Katonah/Somers)
just up the path from parking lot -- gave great looks on dead tree. Also seen
indigo bunting, yellowthroat, house wren singing away and young bluebird poking
head out of box

Not sure the point (or if this is forum) for the philippic between LI birders
regarding use (or not) of Google maps, or for the hagiography of Shaibal Mitra
although he sounds like a fine guy--personally if I was twitching the stint or
the elegant tern in unfamiliar potentially dangerous territory (at least you
all seem to make it sound that way), I would appreciate help out there from any
knowledgeable birder. Less contentious birding up here in Westchester just
missing those mega rarities.

L Trachtenberg
Ossining, NY

Sent from my iPhone