Yesterday afternoon I had a little free time before the Giant-Bronco game,
so I decided to check-out some of the area's sod fields. While traveling
west on Sound Ave, w/o Doctor's Path, I noticed 5 T.V's circling to the s/o
me, in the vicinity of Reeves Ave. I continued on, checking the recently
productive fields on Sound Ave, seeing only 3 Killdeer. I then returned
east by way of Reeves Ave, and that is when it got interesting ! Upon
arrival at the buffalo farm, all the animals in the corral were against the
rear fence. As I was scanning for feeding birds (A. Pipit came to mind),
the herd started to run all out toward the section of fence/road I had just
past. This sight (~ 20 adults, plus 2 young, dressed in their light brown
coats)  and seen through binoculars, was quite thrilling ! The reason for
the "stampede" was quickly explained, as a lady stopped her car, got out,
opened the trunk, and proceeded to throw out huge amounts of bread & rolls.
I later found out she does this on a regular basis, collecting the stale
bakery goods from local stores & organizations. What really amazed me was
the herd recognizing the stopped car at a distance of ~ 100', and before
the lady got out !

At the turned-over field on the s/w/c/o Reeves Ave & Doctors Path, 2 T.V's.
were on the ground feeding. One quickly took off, while the other continued
to pull at a small carcass. A minute later it also took flight, but instead
of staying airborne, came down in the western part of the same field,
although, out of sight. When I maneuvered to regain sight of the bird, I
discovered it had joined 2 others. All were feeding and at times, doing
their "funny walk" !

Cheers,
Bob