On the City Island Birds walk today, we were treated to close looks of both
adult and juvenile Red Headed Woodpeckers. Our group was splintered along the
trail at one point during the walk, with approximately 7 people in each group.
We believe there are two juveniles, since both groups were viewing a juvenile
RH Woodpecker at different locations. There were experienced birders within
each of the separated groups.
In addition, some walkers attested to two adult RH Woodpeckers chasing each
other. So there may be 4 of this species in this location.
To reach the area, walk past the metal bridge at Turtle Cove until you reach
the end of the wood chip trail. The area is quite birdy.

2 Red Headed Woodpeckers (at least 1 juvenile and one adult)
1 Brown Creeper
22 Song Sparrow
4 Snowy Egrets
3 Great Egrets