My dad and I spent the day birding the North Fork of Suffolk County with Bob Adamo.

We were fortunate enough to be able to study the continuing Rufous Hummingbird in Southold.  Many thanks to Rich and Nancy for allowing us to visit their feeders.

Afterwords, a walk through Arshamomaque Preserve in Southold was fairly quiet, highlighted by a late Green Heron at the pond by the observation tower.

At Marratooka Lake in Mattituck, we found our FOS Greater White-fronted Goose among the growing goose flock.

Finally, for our last stop of the day, we drove through the Aquebogue duck farm.  The place was loaded with sparrows but we didn't see anything of note during a brief visit.  We did see a very late Solitary Sandpiper, that had us going for a bit.  Review of photos confirms that it was indeed a Solitary, not one of its European counterparts.  Additionally, a Rusty Blackbird was kicking around at the manure pits.

Good fall birding,
Michael McBrien
East Patchogue