I had a great morning semi-birding on my very protracted way to work today.
Highlights include: 5+ Purple Finch in the Great Hill's South Blowdown Meadow,
4 Fox Sparrows along the eastern edge of the G.H., at least one Rusty
Blackbird, and probably a few more still, mixed in with a large flock of Common
Grackles at the southeast corner of the Pool, a Northern Pintail was also in
the Pool (I'm wondering if this is a lingering bird, the one first
found/reported by Sandra Paci?), and finally, a juvenile Bald Eagle flying west
and relatively low over The park at 104th street.

Of general interest, there was/is a large movement of icterids (300+), Cedar
Waxwings (120+) and other diurnal migrants passing over and or dropping into
the North End of C.P. today creating good conditions for other notable
sightings. I would also be on the lookout for other large dark raptors, I'm
thinking someone might bag a Golden today. Below is my complete eBird checklist
from this morning.

Keep'em up!

Nadir Souirgi