11/28/13 & 11/29/13, Thanksgiving & Friday
Pat Pollock

There is a (f) Common Merganser Fos, on NW side of Reservoir, found by me
yesterdqy @ about 3-3:30 p m and picked up again this morning in same area
feeding close to the retaining wall much of the time.  Light @ 8:30 am poor for
details.  The Red-throated Merganser (f) and Common  Merganser are quite
similar.  We get both species usually for short and infrequent visits.  The
light yesterday in afternoon was stunning.  This was my 1st opportunity to use
a computer.
Inaddition to Com  M erganser, Ring-n ecked Duck was present this morning &
Thursday.  Today I counted 10 Hooded Mergansers, mostly on eastside, 5 American
Coots, 4 Buffleheads and 4 Pied-billed Grebes.
At the Pool the Northern Pintail was not present today but I had seen it a few
days ago @ the Pool.  There were 5 Buffleheads, and 5 or more Wood Ducks which
were frequently hidden along the north shore low-lying bushes.
@ the Feeders yesterday a beautiful (m) Baltimore Oriole appeared, Carolina
Wren, White-breasted Nuthatch, Fox Sparrow.  A Red-tailed Hawk flew in,
perched, flew across to another perch and gave us quite a show.
On Thursday I noted 2 American Black Ducks on the Reservoir.