Joe Giunta and I (Sy Schiff) found the NORTHERN SHRIKE to the north-west of
the Jones Beach West End parking lot. While scoping for the shrike we saw a
large flock of SNOW BUNTINGS flying along the beach. To the west a NORTHERN
HARRIER was hunting and the sky contained a half dozen TREE SWALLOWS

At Pt. Lookout, the west most jetty was surrounded by COMMON EIDER.  A RUDDY
TURNSTONE and AMERICAN OYSTERCATCHER were at the end. About 600 DUNLIN flew
east as we looked. But, best of all was a late PIPING PLOVER intermixed with
SANDERLING on the beach.