I spent about an hour scoping along the jetty and inlet this morning at
Shinnecock West. The west wind was fierce making it extremely difficult to view
birds that were sitting on the water.

I did not see the Black Guillemot but as a consolation I was treated with great
views of a stunning LEUCISTIC BONAPARTE'S GULL. The bird worked the west side
of the west jetty. Other gulls of note were 2 Iceland and 1 Glaucous Gull, all
three appeared to be 1st cycle individuals.

I will be posting images of the Bonaparte's Gull to my Flickr page a bit later.

Best,
Derek Rogers
Sayville
http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/39025168@N07/