  From: Corey Finger
  To: nysbirds-l@cornell.edu
  Sent: Sunday, December 22, 2013 12:03 PM
  Subject: [nysbirds-l] Info Request on Nassau County Black Guillemots and GPS
Directions

  All,

  I looked through eBird records and in Bull's Birds and can find no reference
to previous records of Black Guillemot in Nassau County. Bull mentions that in
the last twenty years all records were from Suffolk County but does not
specifically say that there are no records in Nassau County. He also mentions
the record from Rye in Westchester and the one on Lake Champlain.

  Ebird has one record from Breezy Point and everything else is in Suffolk
County. So, does anyone know of previous Nassau County Black Guillemots? It
seems unlikely to me that one has never been in Nassau County before.

  Finally, for those who are going to chase this bird, the way I managed to get
there is to use the intersection of "The Boulevard" and "Cliff Way" in the town
of Sea Cliff as my destination with my GPS.

  Good Birding,
  Corey Finger

  http://10000birds.com
  Welcome and Basics