Spent the whole weekend in the area, much already mentioned by others ...

Friday:
Checked some of the NorthWest Harbor shore points in the evening but didn't
come up with anything terribly noteworthy (poor visibility hampered
sea-watching).

Saturday:
Started at Shinecock Inlet with 3 continuing KING EIDER, a GLAUCOUS GULL
and an ICELAND GULL.  Also had a LAPLAND LONGSPUR in the parking lot, but
it quickly flushed and headed for warmer climes.
Ponquogue Bridge added 3 BOAT-TAILED GRACKLES and a SNOWY OWL.
Tiana Beach had 11 SNOW BUNTINGS and a scattering of shorebirds.
TRITON LANE added 2 more SNOWY OWLS and another Grackle.  No good sparrows.

Then checked the Southampton Ponds (mostly frozen and empty save for a few
shovelers) and Hook Pond in East Hampton (empty), plus the "snipe spot" at
Georgica (not much).  The only noteworthy bird in the Hamptons was a
DOUBLE-CRESTED CORMORANT in Watermill.  Most of the waterfowl seem to have
been frozen out by the recent cold snap.

Montauk was  bit of a bust in the afternoon given the deteriorating weather
(rain and fog) but I did add a GREAT CORMORANT at Montauk Inlet, and later
a LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL at Napeague.

Sunday:
EASTERN SCREECH OWL at dawn was a good start in NorthWest Harbor.
A sea-watch at Montauk Point produced 22 RAZORBILLS, a single BLACK-LEGGED
KITTIWAKE, and a RED-NECKED GREBE.
Checked Deep Hollow, Rita's and Teddy Roosevelt (not much).
Lake Montauk added a single LESSER SCAUP in the GREATER SCAUP flock.  and
the two previously mentioned BARROW'S GOLDENEYE (found last year by Peter
Polshek and apparently returning to the same area) among a good mix of
waterfowl.
Lake Montauk Inlet and Culloden Point did not gift me with any of the
rarities found yesterday by Shai and Pat - timing is everything - I just
got the usual sea-duck, etc.
Fort Pond had 2 CANVASBACK along with some more common waterfowl.
Napeague gave better views of Larry the LBBG, and a fly-over immature BALD
EAGLE.

Checked more geese on the way West but didn't come up with anything unusual.