Yesterday, Mike Kravatz and I birded Jones Beach West End 2 and Point
Lookout with marvelous results: about halfway between the West End 2
parking lot and the inlet, we saw 2 Snowy Owls (guided by a number of
people); a flock of about 50 Snow Buntings was at the Nature Center; the
first jetty (westernmost) offered 10 Sanderlings, 4 Purple Sandpipers, 15
Common Eider, lots of Long-tailed Ducks, 2 Horned Grebes and, most
fantastically, 7 Harlequin Ducks, right in close on the eastern side of the
jetty.  Twas amazing.  They're doing work so we could not get to the other
jetties, but we were profoundly content with our sightings.  Happy
birding...Martin Carney