Dear New York Birders,

Thanks to all who have expressed interest in participating in the 2014 Rusty
Blackbird Spring Migration Blitz. And a big thanks to all of the Audubon
Chapters and bird clubs that are spreading the word about this important
effort. We are about a month and a half away from the blitz and wanted to take
this opportunity to share some updated information on the data entry protocol.

Please see the following link, which outlines the way in which the data should
be submitted into eBird during the blitz window:
http://rustyblackbird.org/outreach/migration-blitz/collecting-and-reporting-data/
You will notice that there is an optional, supplemental data entry form that
folks might find helpful while searching for rusties in the field. This form is
not a substitute for data entry and all information must still be submitted
through eBird.

The 2014 Rusty Blackbird Spring Migration Blitz window for New York State
begins on March 1st and ends on April 30th. This is a tremendously important
effort in aiding our understanding of the decline in the Rusty Blackbird
population. Please help us try and put together the pieces of this puzzle.

For those who may have missed the original project introduction that I sent on
12/27/13, please see my post below. I'll be coordinating the Blitz for the Long
Island/NYC area and Mike Shanley will be coorindating Staten Island efforts. As
always, please feel free to email us with any questions and let us know if you
can particpate!

Best,
Derek Rogers (drogers0...@gmail.com)
Mike Shanley (falec...@yahoo.com)

***For upstate New York particpation and questions please contact Melanie
McCormack at mruddyd...@aol.com