There is major dredging underway at Point Lookout and there is no access to the
beach area by the jetties. The beach entrance in the southeast corner of the
town parking area is roped off, and the beach has been extended with pumped
sand all the way to the end of the eastern two jetties. I didn't see that many
gulls. Some may remember that dredging in the nineties produced 12 or 13
species of gulls, including Ross'. Only 1 Bonaparte's Gull was around while I
was there.