Hello,
      As there seems to be some questions on this birds id I posted it to a
website I belong to called whatbird.com.  While I am not qualified to make
any kind of call on this Gull the members there enjoy these kinds of
discussions and maybe it will help with the id.  The discussion thread can
be found at.
http://www.whatbird.com/forum/index.php?/topic/113547-gull-id-from-ny-listserv/
.

Joe Hauser