This afternoon at ~ 2:15, I found Richard Haimes checking out the goose
flock along the e/s Roanoke Ave, n/o Reeves Ave, Riverhead. The size of the
flock was only about 1/4 of Sunday's, and we did not find anything but
Canadas at this location. We then headed east on Sound Ave and found a
slightly larger flock at the "Golden Triangle", bordered by Sound Ave,
Northville Turnpike and Route 105. A lone Cackling Goose was the only
non-Canada in this flock.

We tried a few other locations, as we kept heading east on Sound Ave,
without finding any more geese. We did however, see a Red-tail Hawk and 3
Turkey Vultures along the way. I headed for home at 3:20, while Richard was
going to stop at the Grumman Grasslands on his way to West Islip. He and
his son Brian, visited the Shawangunk Grasslands this past Sunday, but,
while seeing both morphs of Rough-legged Hawk, missed Short-eared
Owl...maybe his luck changed in Calverton !

Cheers,
Bob