I got free about 4 P.M. and headed down to Shinnicock Inlet to see if I
could find a wind-blown goodie or two, from way south of here. I found no
such birds, but did find an over abundance of sand-blowing wind - the type
that makes you stay in your car !  The inner half of the canal (which had
the calmest waters) held a large amount of Surf & Black Scoters. A flock of
100+ Common Eiders was flying around the bay, but at a distance far enough
to prevent me from picking out a possible King Eider. I drove Dune Rd. west
to the Beach Rd. Bridge, with the only bird of note being a Great Egret,
which allowed me to get close enough to get some nice head shots !

Cheers,
Bob      .