After a pleasant morning in Central Park with fairly good activity at
the Point, I headed for Fuch's pond, where I entered the rare echelon of
birders who missed the prothonotary  warbler three separate times. I
thereupon headed to Sunken Meadow park for a stroll on the boardwalk
with my wife. I did get some consolation, however. At the conclusion of
our stroll, we reached the snack bar concession at the east end of the
boardwalk.  A northern bobwhite began calling, and was initially spotted by
others in the nearby shrubbery.  Eventually, the bird meandered to
within 3 feet of the railing west of the concession.  See photos and a
short video at the link below:

Northern Bobwhite Sunken Meadow

   Northern Bobwhite Sunken Meadow
View on www.flickr.com Preview by Yahoo