I spent several mid-morning hours at Forest Park and went back for an
evening hour, probably right after Corey left. There was little activity at
the Waterhole (which I am now calling the Water-lake) in the morning other
than the Northern Waterthrushes (at least 3) and the Solitary Sandpiper (I
only saw one), but the whole park was buzzing with the sounds of Northern
Parulas and Blue-throated Warblers, and you couldn't walk six feet without
seeing an Ovenbird. Black-and-Whites were multiplying like Tribbles.

Most of the warbler activity was in the canopy, where id was impossible in
the clouded light, but I was able to pick out a Blackburnian (I see that
Corey had two). That orange-red breast shines like a beacon. There was a lovely
Worm-eating Warbler on the bridal path, bathing in a tiny puddle, a
Nashville at the railroad tracks, a Blue-winged Warbler on the blue trail,
and quite a few Magnolias and Black-throated Greens. At least 5 Scarlet
Tanagers, 3 Empidomax Flycatchers (none of which spoke to me), a Great
Crested Flycatcher by the railroad tracks, and several Veerys. I caught the
Lincoln's Sparrow in the evening, thanks to Lisa S. and Karlo M., plus a
couple of Swamp Sparrows.

Good Birding,
Donna

*Donna L. SchulmanForest Hills, NY + North Brunswick,
njqueensgir...@gmail.com <queensgir...@gmail.com>Queensgirl Blog
<http://queensgirl30.wordpress.com/>*