Hi all,
A wonderful morning in Central Park today. I tallied 20 species of
warblers, including two FOY species: Canada warbler and Bay-breasted
warbler. On top of that, the folks in our group had spectacular views of a
Summer Tanager.

We found three "all-you-can-eat smorgasbords for birds" (aka hatch-outs).
At one of them the star bird was a Yellow-bellied Flycatcher, which was
cooperative and provided a good opportunity to study this uncommon species.
At the same location we also for a short moment had an Olive-sided
Flycatcher (first for Central Park for my self). Lastly, but not to frown
upon we saw a first-of-year Gray-cheeked Thrush.

My check list for the morning ended at 73 species. Others, who have more
free time today will surely have longer lists.

happy birding,

Anders Peltomaa
Manhattan