At 7:45 AM today in Forest Park, I saw a medium-sized raptor that appeared
initially like a large falcon, a peregrine. But then I saw its tail with many
dark and white bands and a distinctly shorter first primary and thought hey
wait a minute, that could be a Mississippi Kite! I saw it for a total of about
5 seconds, which to me personally is not enough time to ID that bird with 100%
certainty, especially a bird that I've only seen twice in my life. So I was
telling other birders later on that I had a possible sighting. I have since
upgraded that to probable, in light of sightings yesterday and today reported
from Prospect Park, Brooklyn, consulting other birding guides at home, and from
seeing the "Kite Whisperer's" photo from yesterday.

Although the volume of birds and birdsong decreased somewhat from yesterday,
there was still a nice variety of warblers, seeing and hearing 21 species. The
highlights were Tennessee, Bay-breasted, Hooded, and multiple Nashvilles,
Chestnut-sideds, and Wilson's.

Karlo Mirth
Forest Park, Queens