Hempstead Lake SP progress report

Lots of construction going on.  The entrance to the park from Peninsula Blvd is
closed. Exit 18 West on the Southern State  Pkwy is being rebuilt and you may
or may not be able to exit there. The Exit East is OK. Eagle Ave through the
park is udder construction and will be repaved starting with completion of the
repaving within the park. The paths are mostly complete and Field #2 should be
completed today.  Just some inner roadways and finishing touches.

I entered Eagle Ave through the city streets and drove south to field #1, not
being sure if I could get there from the parkway going west..  I live to the
east; there was no problem going east from exit 18..  Lovely day although the
birding was a bit slow.  It's going to take a bit before things straighten
out---but, we'll be all set for the fall migration.

Sy Schiff