As per Derek Rogers' earlier post I conducted a seawatch for about 1 1/2
hrs. starting at 6:45 am, Northern Gannets streamed by in groups of from
3-25 adding up to over 200, Black Scoters mostly in large flocks added up
to over 600, the Common Tern flight noted by Derek amounted to only two
small flocks of about 20 birds.  The highlight came right at the end of my
watch around 0815 when a Parasitic Jaeger approached from the NW (when
first seen it was over the barrier beach giving the impression that it had
flown in over the bay), the bird flew low over the dunes and then easterly
along the ocean front angling out to the SE.  The bird was very dark with
no obvious flashes of white in the primaries leading me to believe it was a
dark morph adult in breeding plumage.
Mike Scheibel
Brookhaven