Having a chore to do in Rocky Point this afternoon, enabled me to drive
past the above, notice the increase in the # of shorebirds over yesterday,
and make a quick, emergency stop, in-order to document the possibly
important scientific data en-counted right here, on the old Wulfost potato
farm...this "run-on" sentence would have been my answer to a question from
my wife, if asked !  Today there were
2 Pectoral Sandpipers, ~ 12-15 Least Sandpipers, 2-3  possible
Semi-palmated Sandpipers, 6 Killdeers, 1 Semi-palmated Plover and 2
Mourning Doves. The first one seen of this specie, proved to be a tad
difficult to ID. It was fairly deep in mud (appeared to be up beyond it's
legs), body pointing toward me (no body profile, and making size of head &
bill questionable...no depth), no other specie close for size comparison,
plus, less than optimum lighting. Once it moved, I got it ! I will always
think of this bird as my "MUDMODO"

Cheers,
Bob