I led a walk for NYC Audubon in Central Park this evening, through Strawberry
Fields and The Ramble. It was pretty quiet, but we had several nice warbler
sightings.

Namely:

Northern Parula (several)
Tennessee Warbler
Blackpoll Warbler (dull female)
Black-and-white Warbler
Common Yellowthroat
Cape May Warbler (quite dull female, in the two pitch pines a bit to the south
of the Bow Bridge)

Other highlights were numerous Ruby-throated Hummingbirds and Rose-breasted
Grosbeaks at various jewelweed patches, and large numbers (20+) of Chimney
Swifts bugging out overhead.

Yesterday I was remiss in not writing, but saw Wilson's Warbler, Blue-winged
Warbler, and Veery in Central Park.  Some nice stuff in spite of low overall
numbers...

Fall is in the air!

Gabriel Willow
NYC Audubon