I led a field trip this weekend for the New York State Ornithological
Association to various Long Island birding spots.  Our preliminary species
total for the weekend was 114 species.  The highlight was undoubtedly a male
Golden-winged Warbler seen well by all on Sunday at Alley Park, Queens County.
Other highlights follow.

Saturday September 27:

Jones Beach West End - 1 juvenile American Golden Plover, 450 American
Oystercatchers, 1 Royal Tern, 8 Pine Siskins.
Cedar Beach Marina, Town of Babylon, Suffolk County - 115 Great Egrets.
Robert Moses State Park, Suffolk County - 3 Royal Terns
Route 105 Sod Fields, Riverhead, Suffolk County - 1 American Golden Plover, 14
Turkey Vultures.
Edwards Av. Sod Field, 1/4 mile north of Route 25 on west side - 8 American
Golden Plovers, 3 Pectoral Sandpipers, 10 Semipalmated Sandpipers, 30 Turkey
Vultures.

Sunday September 28:

Alley Park - Golden-winged warbler, Worm-eating Warbler (late), Cape May
Warbler.
Jamaica Bay, East Pond - continuing drake Eurasian Wigeon, 125 Snowy Egrets, 1
Pectoral Sandpiper

Thanks to all who participated and to my co-leader, Mary Normandia.

Seth Ausubel
Forest Hills, NY