Ok this is frustrating: I was leading my weekly bird walk in Bryant Park at the
very moment Sam spotted the Mourning, but we were on the opposite side of the
park. We arrived at the spot where the Mourning was seen less than ten minutes
after the report, and no sign of the bird!  Several birders have been gleaning
the area for the last two hours to no avail.

However, we did turn up a nice Gray-cheeked Thrush as well as a Swainson's,
Swamp Sparrow, a couple of N. Waterthrushes, many Ovenbirds & Common
Yellowthroats, an American Redstart, B&W Warbler, Yellow-rumped, Pine, and a
probable female Blackburnian high in a plane tree.

So plenty of activity here! Wish that Mourning had been a bit more cooperative
(poor form not showing itself for an Audubon group), but since I saw a
Connecticut last night, I guess I can't complain...

Onward,

Gabriel Willow
NYC Audubon