The river has some waterfowl accumulating. From the Mariandale - Dominican
Sisters property visible were large rafts of bufflehead, ruddy duck, coot and
some black duck. Charlie Roberto and a few observers (not me unfortunately --
too late-- had single first year black and surf scoters; excellent sightings
for the "river" side of the county; there were also on the property phoebe,
several Palm warbler, lots of sparrows juncos and flickers, my best bird was an
oriole likely a first year Baltimore as despite Tom Fiore's reminder of
November rarities I cannot confidently say otherwise; and for mycologists
several stinkhorn mushrooms; there was a horned grebe at croton boat ramp;
several bald eagles, and great black backed gulls trying there best to kill
coot. Reports from Croton point park had kestrel, harriers, peregrine, pipits,
and savannah sparrows

L. Trachtenberg
Ossining

Sent from my iPhone