Central Park Bird Walk Sunday December 7, 2014

Canada Goose
American Black Duck - female at Indian Cave
Mallard
Northern Shoveler - more than 40 on the Lake, others on the Reservoir
Bufflehead - flock reservoir
Hooded Merganser - pair on Turtle Pond, others at the Reservoir
Ruddy Duck - flock on the Reservoir
Red-shouldered Hawk -a  flyover seen from Shakespeare Garden (spotted by Andrea
Hessel)
Red-tailed Hawk - several
The usual gulls - Reservoir
Mourning Dove
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
Downy Woodpecker
Black-capped Chickadee
Tufted Titmouse - many
White-breasted Nuthatch
Carolina Wren - between the Boathouse and the Point (thanks to Steve Gott)
American Tree Sparrow - the Gill side of Laupot Bridge
White-throated Sparrow
Dark-eyed Junco
Northern Cardinal
House Finch
American Goldfinch

Sandra Paci reported the two male Ring-necked Ducks at the Reservoir
(northwest).

Anne Shanahan alerted me to an immature Cooper's Hawk at the feeders after
lunch, which I saw with her, Martha Marshall, Dennis Geisel, and Sandra Paci.

Before the walk I found a Veery (very late) at Balancing Rock/Captain's Bench,
a Fox Sparrow at the feeders, a Winter Wren and Song Sparrow at the Upper Lobe,
and a small flock of American Goldfinches feeding on the seeds of Evening
Primrose (not Sweetgum seeds) next to Oak/Bank Rock Bridge..

Deborah Allen