I feel compelled to chime in with some additional information that vouches
for the overwintering survival of a female Rose-breasted Grosbeak in the
contiguous Bronx Park (Bronx Zoo and New York Botanical Garden).  As noted
earlier, a female Rose-breasted Grosbeak was seen at the Bronx Zoo on the
December 28, 2014 Bronx/Westchester CBC.  I was among the birding party
covering the zoo that date.  We observers recognized the bird immediately,
but considering the very late date we paid close attention to be sure we
were not in fact looking at an extralimital female Black-headed Grosbeak.

On February 17th another observer posted their Bronx Zoo Rose-breasted
Grosbeak sighting to eBird with a documentary record photo (eBird
checklist S21945422).
 On February 20th, I observed the bird again at the zoo (eBird checklist
S21986073).  Curiously, neither the February 20th nor CBC sighting have yet
posted *publicly*  on eBird, presumably awaiting a reviewer's follow-up?
In any event, I am glad she has survived. No mean feat!

Todd Olson, Greater NYC