A heads up to all who might wish to enjoy the wonderful birds at EPCAL in
Calverton/Riverhead:  You can park and walk the grasslands but are not
permitted to drive or walk on the concrete runway/taxiways of the closed NE-SW
grassland area.  The area is under camera surveillance at all times, and
Riverhead Town  Police will respond when you and your cars are seen.
 I, along with two other birders (and an additional three cars), had four
police cars respond to our presence today, around noon.  We were all issued a
warning, our personal information taken and entered into the "computer" and
told if caught there again, "it's jail"
The birds, by the way, were present and in good numbers - at least a dozen
Kestrel, and three singing E. Meadowlark.........

Please spread the word, since this area has become an outstanding birding spot
for many  declining species.  Many out-of-local-area birding visitors make
EPCAL a destination.

Eileen Schwinn

Sent from my iPhone