It has been a number of years since there has been an organized pelagic in
New York waters at this time of year.  Due to multiple requests (and one or
two threats ... just kidding) we have scheduled an overnight pelagic trip
out of Brooklyn leaving the evening of Sun, May 31 and returning late
afternoon of Mon, June 1.  Many of the old 1980s trips sailed out of New
Jersey at this time of year due to the potential variety of birds.  This
trip is longer than most at 22 hours due to the distance from anyplace in
New York out to deep waters beyond the Continental Shelf.

Possible targets for this time of year include Northern Fulmar, Cory's
Great, Manx, and Sooty Shearwaters, Red and Red-necked Phalarope,  Leach's
and Wilson's Storm-Petrels, South Polar Skua, all 3 jaegers, and Arctic
Tern.  It's also a good time to look for cetaceans like Fin, Humpback,
Minke, and Pilot Whales, as well as Risso's, Common and Offshore Bottlenose
Dolphin.

The trip details are:

   - Leave:  8:00 PM on Sun, May 31
   - Return:  Approx 6:00 PM on Mon, June 1
   - Cost:  $250
   - Boat:  Brooklyn VI, Pier #6, 2200 Emmons Ave, Brooklyn, NY
   - Public Transportation: Q Line, Sheepshead Bay Station (approx 0.7
   miles away)

We had an excellent experience with the captain and crew of this boat on
our inaugural trip with them in April.  The boat is a fast, stable
platform.  It is 110' long, 26' wide, has a cruising speed of 18 knots, and
is licensed for 132 passengers.  A full overnight trip for us is about 42
people so there will be room for people to sleep.  We'll have 5-6 leaders,
headsets, and chum to help attract, spot, and identify the birds and try to
get everybody on them.

We will be sleeping wherever there is room, which means benches or floor
inside the cabin or on the floor of the upper deck.  People will be allowed
to board and select their sleeping space in the order they sign up and
pay.  Sign up early for the best selection of sleeping spaces.

For more information or to sign up, email us at i...@paulagics.com or call
215-234-6805.  Hope to see you aboard!

-PAG

--

*Paul A. GurisSee Life PaulagicsPO Box 161Green Lane, PA
18054215-234-6805www.paulagics.com <http://www.paulagics.com>paulagics.com