Hi all,
I've been receiving a couple emails, after my report of a Prothonotary
Warbler in Central Park, questioning me on whether the bird I saw was the
one released earlier in the day (3+ hours) by the Wild Bird Fund. Short
answer, I don't know. I was at work all day long.

I'm assuming that the implied question  is, whether a sighting of a
rare/unusual bird is countable after the release of a bird of the same
species in the same county. What do you think?

Here are the ABA counting rules:
http://listing.aba.org/aba-recording-rules/

good birding,

Anders Peltomaa
Manhattan

‘Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.'
– Martin Luther King, Jr.