A Lark Sparrow was seen today at Green-wood Cemetery, Brooklyn. It was mostly
on the Pilgrim Path, which is below Cypress Avenue near Vernal Avenue. Jo Ann
and I spotted it while driving along Cypress. Ed Crowne, Josh Malbin and Rachel
also observed the bird. It moved down the Pilgrim Path to its end, feeding on
the grass seeds along the way. As Ed pointed out, this section of Green-wood is
currently unmowed, and there are many seeds to feed on (if you are that way
inclined).  The bird was last seen flying to the North in the direction of the
Snowdrop Path, about 12:20 PM. It wasn't relocated but is probably still in the
area.

Photo at:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/102865732@N04/17822069070/in/dateposted-public/
Interestingly, a Lark Sparrow was found last spring further along Cypress
Avenue, by Joe Borker if I recall correctly.

- Tom Preston