As planned on last night, when we only heard the bird, I returned to the
Avalon Woods East Farms Preserve this morning to try to see the bird, which
I did on 4 separate occasions, twice while the bird was singing ! It was
fun to see him throw his head back, mandibles opening, and hear the bird's
song, simultaneously !

I arrived at the Preserve at ~ 0710, and was on station by 0720, hearing
the Kentucky before arriving at "ground zero". His songs this AM were much
louder than last night, and from 0720 to 0805, continued to sing every 10
to 15 seconds. After that, the intervals between songs  lengthened. I also
did a little experiment re: it's singing, by taking my hearing aids out,
and found the lower volume to still be a bit higher, than the loudest calls
of last night! Could this mean the Kentucky has more energy at the start of
the day, singing, if you will, with more "gusto" ? Sue Krause and Luci
Betti-Nash (President and Vice President respectively) of the host, Four
Harbors Audubon Chapter, also saw and heard this neat bird !

Also seen while at the Avalon "Complex" were a Chimney Swift, my FOY Purple
Martin, as well as, hearing at least 1, but possibly 3, Yellow-billed
Cuckoos.

Arriving home in Riverhead, I noticed 3 Turkey Vultures flying over our
Condo property.

Cheers,
Bob