Joe Giunta, Sam Jannazzo, Bill and I (Sy Schiff) found the FRANKLIN'S GULL,
looking east from Plumb Beach, on the sandy beach across Gerritsen Inlet. It
was mixed in with about 15 Laughing Gulls about 4-500 yards away.  At that
distance it was a very difficult call to ID the target bird. However, one gull
picked itself up and landed on top of a Laughing Gull slowly flapping its wings
as appeared to mate. The wing pattern as seen through the scopes was perfect.
The gull also showed a pale pink blush on the breast. . I could not find any
quick reference to this paring, but maybe it's something new and we'll have the
visitor stay for the summer.

We checked the marsh for sparrows without success, but did have a fly over
LITTLE BLUE hERON.

Sy