This afternoon at roughly 1:50pm Doug Gochfeld and I relocated the Plum
Beach Franklin's Gull. Once again the bird materialized without being seen
flying in. Today it was on the flats just south of the easternmost dunes
actively feeding on the incoming tide.
We wondered out loud how many Franklin's Gulls have been seen pecking at
Horseshoe Crabs?
For those still interested in searching for this bird, the tactic we used
today was to scan from the pedestrian path which runs along the Belt
Parkway. By taking the paved path from the eastern end of the parking lot
the walk is shorter and easy. At the bridge you can see both sides of the
inlet as well as the flats south of the dunes.

I have created a gallery of some of the images from today. I kept the edit
loose to include some comparison images as well as some showing the FRGU's
aggressive behavior.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/103866258@N08/sets/72157653609375742

Cheers,

Sean Sime