Last Saturday I tried for the Black-necked Stilt (for all of about 15
minutes) at the Smith's Point Marina, on my way west to watch grandson # 3
play in a CYO basketball game...his team succeeded, mine didn't ! Today I
tried again for the bird, with the same results, except I had a few more
species to show for this lengthier visit !

By walking up the west wall of the impoundment, you can see most of the
marsh (w/o the entrance road) where Mike Scheibel first found it. While not
finding the Stilt, I did manage to find 1, of the 2, Little Blue Herons
reported by Angus Wilson. The impoundment itself, while not covered in
water, has several areas of standing water which yielded: a pair of
Gadwalls, 2 pairs of Mallards, a Willet, and 14 Least Sandpipers, that
landed and started to feed.

Cheers,
Bob