On the 4th day, after this gorgeous female Red Phalarope was discovered by
Bob Anderson this past Friday, I finally had time to try for the bird. A
doctor's appointment chewed up half my morning, but once on the road, the
only thoughts in my mind were meeting up with the phalarope, and not
meeting up with the probable rain, which was moving up hurriedly through
N.J.

Parking at the Nature Museum lot (thanks Sy) I met the bird feeding in the
pond directly s/o the blind...this was ~ 1230. She was working the mud
mostly in the east half of the flat, close to the drift-wood. Other birds
feeding were: (1) Semipalmated Plover; (1) Piping Plover; (3) Killdeers
 and (5) Least Sandpipers. Then unfortunately, the rain met me, and at
1250, when I looked up after putting  my camera away, the bird had vanished.

This female is certainly the handsomest of the 5 Red Phalaropes I have seen
previously. The others were: (1) FNYSBC Spring Pelagic trip out of Montauk
to the Continental Shelf on 5/20/78; (3) While crewing on Finback 2, Whale
Watching out of Montauk on 8/24/87: (1) Shinnicock Inlet on ?/?/09*

Cheers,
Bob
*Don't know why I haven't got complete date.