  From: Rob Bierregaard
  To: nysbirds-l@cornell.edu
  Sent: 08/06/2015 7:18 AM
  Subject: [nysbirds-l] Ospreys in NY

  Greetings NY Birders,
  I’m working on revising the range map for Ospreys for the Birds of
North America project. I’ve found that checking in to state birding
listservs has been a productive way of gathering information for the
project.
  Based on information from the state, my working map for NY has a
breeding range from the Adirondacks down to the Finger Lakes, another in
the west in Chautaugua and Cattaraugus Cos., another cluster in Sullivan
Co., and finally just the very lowermost reaches of the Hudson Valley,
and, of course, all of Long Island.
  Given how much Ospreys have expanded their range in the past decade, I
thought some of you might be aware of new pairs in the state. I was a
little surprised not to see any records up the Hudson Valley.
  Please let me know if you are aware of breeding pairs outside the
areas described above. If you’d like, contact me off the list and I can
send you a copy of my current version of the map.

  Many thanks,

  Rob Bierregaard
  421 Cotswold Ln
  Wynnewood, PA 19096