I thought this email would be of interest to New York birders.  It appears
that the one-eyed Crested Caracara that showed up in Montgomery in April
was seen last week in Lancaster, Massachusetts.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Joshua Rose <op...@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 3:53 PM
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Belated report, Caracara in Lancaster!
To: Massbird <massb...@theworld.com>

Hi MassBirders,

A new member joined the FaceBook MA RBA group today, and almost immediately
shared gorgeous photos of a Crested Caracara! Sadly, the bird was
photographed on August 5 and has not been seen again since then. I’m
sharing the details so folks can keep their eyes out for it!

The specific location of the bird when photographed was “the large field
behind the Dexter Drumlin in Lancaster, MA on 8.5.15 around 7:00 pm.”
Apparently this is in the vicinity of Atlantic Union College. The observer
and photographer is Steve Krikorian; the field where he saw the bird is
behind his house. In addition to posting on FaceBook he submitted the
details to the MARC earlier today.

Photos show that the bird is missing an eye, and given that it is almost
definitely the same individual which was seen in April in New York,
according to the comment thread that has grown around the photos.

Good birding!

Josh

Joshua S. Rose, Ph.D.
Amherst, MA