There is an American Avocet currently on the East Pond at Jamaica Bay. The bird
is on the west side, about a little more than 1/2 way up the pond.

Also of note were singles of Stilt Sandpiper, Pectoral Sandpiper and Piping
Plover, the latter only my second ever on the pond. It should be noted that my
observations were all from the East Side of the pond looking across to the west
side as I make my way up from south to north.

Other notable non shorebird sighting was a juvenile Black Tern at the south end
reported by Sean Sime with Shane Blodgett.

Full report later.

Cheers from the pond!

風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest