Jones Beach West End 15 Sept.

Joe Giunta and I (Sy Schiff) returned to look for the PECTORAL SANDPIPER that
we missed yesterday. A pair foraging, in the eastern most pond, in 7-inch grass
made viewing difficult since they are probably only 5-inches high.Patience and
persistence required. (probably why we missed it yesterday).

Our search was postponed because we first birded the Fisherman's Road to the
inlet first There we re-found the YELLOW-BELLIED FLYCATCHER and  PHILADELPHIA
VIREO, both seen earlier this morning. A YELLOW-BILLED CUCKOO was in a shrub
along the inlet.

 Much later, coming back from the ponds we also re-found the DICKCISSEL along
the Coast Guard Station hedgerow. It's with the House Sparrow flock. Today,
there was a widely  scattered mix of species (42 total), not a lot of birds,
but a change from the recent drought of birds.

Sy