From: Joan Collins <joan.coll...@frontier.com>
To: NYSBIRDS-L <NYSBIRDS-L@cornell.edu>
Sent: Fri, Oct 9, 2015 8:39 pm
Subject: [nysbirds-l] NYS Birders Conference and NYSOA 68th Annual Meeting

The New York State Birders Conference and NYSOA 68th Annual Meeting, hosted by
Hudson Mohawk Bird Club, was held this past weekend in Albany.  Here is a post
from the NYSOA Facebook page and a link to photos from the event:

***The New York State Birders Conference and NYSOA 68th Annual Meeting, hosted
by Hudson-Mohawk Bird Club October 2-4, 2015 in Albany, NY, was attended by 165
people. The Conference featured: field trips, behind-the-scenes ornithology
tours at the New York State Museum, a Friday evening reception followed by five
different workshops, the annual corporate meeting of NYSOA, 8 Paper Session
Presentations, and a Saturday reception followed by a banquet and awards. Jon
Dunn, the Keynote Speaker, held an Informal Taxonomy Discussion before the
banquet and gave a fascinating presentation on Warblers after dinner. There
were many other fun activities, including an identification quiz on 10
different New York State Museum bird specimens, a quiz during dinner on
non-avian things you might see or hear while birding, and raffle prizes! Enjoy
a few photos from the Conference!***

Photos can be viewed at: https://www.facebook.com/nybirds

Joan Collins
President, NYS Ornithological Association
Editor, New York Birders
Long Lake, NY
(315) 244-7127 cell
(518) 624-5528 home