Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 13:26:39 -0400
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Feral Cats - again
From: richardpguth...@gmail.com
To: nysbirds-l@cornell.edu

Well, here's the latest on the Trap-Neuter-Release (TNR) bill:
It was passed by both the State Assembly and the State Senate. Since the State
Assembly had voted on this bill first, they get to decide when it gets sent to
the Governor for signature and passage into law.
The State Assembly sent the bill to the Governor 2-days ago (October 14th). So
the Governor has 10 days to either sign or veto the bill. If he does not sign
it within that 10 days, the bill is automatically vetoed.
The state legislative calendar is a strange animal. Ten days consists of each
calendar day, except Sundays. So according to that formula, 10 days from the
14th becomes October 26th.
Bottom line is that the dreaded TNR bill is NOT LAW - yet.
So there is still time to act.
You might want to contact the Governor's office to let him know your opinion
whether public funding of creating feral cat colonies in neighborhoods, parks,
and sanctuaries is a good idea - or NOT. Refer to it by number to help the
staff organize your comments: A2778/S1081
The Governor's contact information is:
Phone: 1-518-474-8390Office hours: 9:00am to 5:00pmor: USPS:The Honorable
Andrew M. Cuomo
Governor of New York State
NYS State Capitol Building
Albany, NY 12224Strangely, the Governor's webpage does not include an e-mail
address.
--
Richard GuthrieNew Baltimore,The Greene CountyNew York

        Welcome and Basics
        Rules and Information
        Subscribe, Configuration and Leave
        Archives: