Central Park NYC
Saturday November 21, 2015
OBS: Deborah Allen, m.ob. on bird walk

Thanks to Adrian Burke, who tweeted the flycatcher at 8:55am our group had only
to walk up the hill from the Boathouse to see the bird of the day, a flycatcher
that has yet to be identified as either Pacific-slope or Cordilleran
flycatcher. This is a first for Central Park. Angus Wilson has already posted a
link to the NYSARC report that added the species pair to the NY State
checklist. Thanks also to Bob Ruvolo who spotted the bird on Wednesday (Nov.
18) and Jack Rothman of City Island Birds and Brendan Keogh (a.k.a. Bronx
Brendan) who saw the bird with him that day. Although originally reported at a
Yellow-bellied Flycatcher, the report got people out looking for this V.I.B.
Let's hope it sticks around for more photos and sound recordings.

Gadwall - 4 on the Reservoir before the walk
Northern Shoveler - a few on the Lake, others on the Reservoir
Ring-necked Duck (seen after the walk by Jeff Ward)
Bufflehead - 9
Hooded Merganser - 2 males on Turtle Pond
Ruddy Duck - 70+ in the distance Reservoir
Double-crested Cormorant - a few
Cooper's Hawk - subadult perched, juvenile flying
Red-tailed Hawk - several
Ring-billed Gull
Herring Gull
Great Black-backed Gull
Red-headed Woodpecker - continues near Oven
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
Downy Woodpecker
Northern Flicker
Pacific Slope/Cordilleran Flycatcher - near Boathouse
American Kestrel - 4
Black-capped Chickadee
Tufted Titmouse
White-breasted Nuthatch